Your team is part of the technical delivery engine for Pickx, the content experience of our client. We are organized following the SAFe model.
The microservices, along with other backend components, serve the different Pickx front-ends (different decoder types including an android decoder, Apple TV, Android and iOS mobile apps, Pickx.be web).
As a DevOps, you combine development of new microservices TV backend with the support of these microservices.
You will be member of the microservices development and support team. In this team you will develop new TV backend services.
A big part of your work will be the set-up and development of monitoring and operational support of the microservices. This also includes incident management, problem management, preventive maintenance and upgrade management. For these matters you are the SPOC towards the other teams.
You identify the necessary KPI’s in the application environment to be used by tv team. You maintain the CI/CD pipeline used by the development team and embed security in the pipeline. You perform post mortem investigations in case of an incident or issue.
Your main interactions outside of the µs team are with: the TV operations team (guard first line) GFL, infrastructure teams (installations, capacity extensions, planned interventions) and network (telco cloud, firewall,…) and security teams.
You have strong analysis and problem solving skills.
You have strong “can do” attitude with a big dose of pragmatism.
Must have experience :
• Core Java experience
• REST experience – for API development
• Messaging experience – given the event drive nature of development
• Working knowledge with Database – Relational
• Docker basic experience (Containerisation, Kubernetes)
• We expect you to build expertise on the applications used for monitoring, operational support and repair: ELK, Jenkins, Openshift, Nagios, Dynatract, Elastalert, Grafana, Git.
• Good English communication skills
Nice to have :
• JEE, Sprint boot
• Non-Relational DB
• Microservices experience
• Node js experience
• Splunk experience, SDLC security development lifecycle
We also expect you to participate in the duty guard (1 week out of 4). And as mentioned in the intro, we work in a SAFe Agile model.