The “Fibre to the Home Brownfield area support officer” will reinforce the Fibre to the Home BF Program team where he/she will help the program to achieve its ambitions to deliver Fibre to the Home on time and budget.
For this role our client is looking for someone who has a strong operational experience as a PM.
The candidate has to be :
* someone who understands the 'FTTH'
* someone who works very locally (attends to meetings with partners, Area Managers) but also has a very global view
* someone with experience in roll-out of networks
* someone with experience in telecommunications
Within the FTTH program organization, there are four units reporting to the IPR manager:
• Area management in charge of the daily operational management of the progression of the construction & preceding phases in the different geographical areas
• Partner management centralizes the interactions with the construction partners at the tactical & strategic level.
• Central design team in charge of the first, preliminary design phases
• Program Management Office (PMO) which consolidates, manages, and verifies the input coming from all projects (across the areas). This unit ensures a standardized reporting process is maintained and improved. This team is also in charge of the preparation of the weekly program progress meetings (Sprint), the briefings to the CEO, and safeguards the bridge between the operational level on one hand, and the tactical and strategic levels on the other hand
The area support officer we are looking for will report to the Brownfield program manager.
• Take up cross-functional issues & special questions which are made during the weekly Sprint meetings. These issues do not necessarily need to be resolved by the area support officer. She / he rather needs to identify the key stakeholders involved, and ensure that a satisfying answer or solution is found within a suitable time frame
• Support Area Managers (AMs) and Project Leaders (PLs) in solving the difficult problems they encounter in their domains & projects
• Identify structural issues across projects and areas and develop a sustainable solution addressing the root causes
• Escalate issues and hot topics which can’t be solved at project or area level to senior management. Follow up on these escalations to ensure a decision is taken in a reasonable timeframe, and communicated back to the AMs and PLs
• Challenge AMs & PLs on the progress which is made in their geographies and projects
• Maintain independent perspective on the progress within the areas and projects. This includes an assessment of whether the different targets (e.g., Q1, H1, ’21, and ’22) will be realized, and what is needed to mitigate potential risks challenging these targets
• Ascertain that the right key messages are reported to senior management, a.o. during the weekly Sprint meetings, and CEO briefings. For this purpose, a good relationship with the PMO officer and unit needs to be installed and maintained
o Technical knowledge of fiber accelerate program;
o Practical experience with various problem-solving techniques (e.g., 5 why’s, and fishbone diagram), and facilitating problem-solving sessions;
o “Can do”-mentality to address on a weekly basis the main questions and issues raised during the weekly Sprint meetings, and meetings with the teams on the ground;
o Challenger-mentality as both the AMs & PLs, as senior management need to be chased to reach the set targets, and solve the identified / escalated issues;
o Team player with good communication/presentation skills. Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders is a continuous responsibility. Respect and appreciation for teamwork helps all project members complete their work;
o Bilingual Dutch/French with good knowledge of English
Location: Brussels, visits to local offices may be required.
* solution driven